Chimera 0.2 Release Notes
Chimera 0.2 is no longer the most recent release. Please download the latest stable release.
What’s New In 0.2
- The latest build of Chimera demonstrates a highly experimental implementation of Quartz rendering. The current build locks you into Quartz, but the Quickdraw renderer will still be available via a pref in a later point release. For now you’re locked into Quartz with the current build. Also, printing with Quartz turned on is pretty busted, so don’t even bother. :)
- Chimera 0.2.0 has much improved scrolling over previous versions. Most importantly it now uses native Aqua scrollbars rather than emulating the look via the Appearance Manager. Scrolling is also much faster, using both the wheel and the keyboard.
- The tab browser feature has had some crash fixes and speed enhancements. You can now also cycle through tabs via the keyboard and close tabs. In addition the tab strip will auto-hide when only one tab is being used.
- Support for Command and Shift clicking of links has been added. You can use Command+Click to open a link in a new window. If you use the Shift modifier, the window will load in the background. You can also make Command/Shift open tabs instead by setting the same pref that is used by Mozilla. The load links in background pref that Mozilla uses is also supported by Chimera. (These prefs aren’t exposed in Chimera’s UI yet, so you’ll have to enter your secret .mozilla dir and edit your prefs.js by hand.)
- Chimera 0.2.0 has a new splash screen, application icon, and new toolbar and sidebar icons.
- Finally and most importantly Chimera has had many crash fixes and stability fixes.