Chimera 0.1 Release Notes
Chimera 0.1 is no longer the most recent release. Please download the latest stable release.
Chimera is a new project aimed at delivering a best-of-breed browser on the OS X platform. Chimera uses Cocoazilla, a variant of Fizzilla that consists of a UNIX back end wed to a Cocoa front end.
The cross-platform UI will be replaced with native Cocoa widgetry (such as customizable toolbars and a drawer for the sidebar). The plan is to produce only a browser (no other apps!), and to keep the UI as simple and as clean as possible.
- This is the first downloadable build of Chimera.
- The tab browser is up and limping.
- Bookmarks are available in Chimera; they can be accessed from the bookmarks sidebar panel and from the top-level menu.
- You can add and delete bookmarks.
- The status bar is now live and updates when the page loads.
- Icons for all of the toolbar buttons (and they’re all hooked up).
- Printing works.
- Cache and global history are hooked up.
- Everything in the File menu is implemented; this includes the ability to open and close windows, to open files, to open a web location, to work offline and online, and to save Web pages, both in a complete form (including images) or in a simple form (source only).